So, I’m stealing this from a friend/blog inspiration. It’s a year in review a lá high school-esque list form. You all know how much I love my lists! AND It’s been nearly 2 months since my last post, so let’s see if this gives me some sort of traction.
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
GET ENGAGED, Duh.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for this year?
I don’t like to feel like a failure, so I don’t make resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not this year. Thank God.
5. What countries did you visit?
None. It’s been a stay close to home kinda year.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you didn’t have in 2011?
A husband. That’s all.
7. What dates from 2011 will be etched upon your memory, and why?
August 15 because TONS of stress was relieved that day.
August 20 because that’s the day Spurs put a sparkly ring on my left hand.
October 15 because our lives forever changed that day.
8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?
Putting together a pretty stylish guest rom on a budget.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I hate failure. Set yourself up for success and there will be no failure.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had a pretty nasty mosquito bite on my leg in August. My back went out once. Maybe twice.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A new place for the dogs to play.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
The Brats! I think he’s growing up!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The Brats! He’s still a brat!
14. Where did most of your money go?
Some just vaporized, but some went towards house-fixing stuff.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Everything that happened in August! Great month!
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
I have no idea.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
a) Happier, but more nervous.
b) Fatter…ugh. Maybe someone needs some resolutions around here.
c) That’s a relative question.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Hiking, traveling, relaxing.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying about stuff.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With family and friends. I think it was one of the most perfect Christmases yet.
21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Big Bang Theory
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
This question does not dignify a response.
24. What was the best book you read?
Geez, I’m not sure I even read one! Oh, yes I did! Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
26. What did you want and get?
27. What did you want and not get?
28. What was your favorite film of 2011?
Why ask these things, don’t you know I have a horrible memory?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 33 and it was so long ago I can’t remember.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not having things to stress about. (Notice a theme here, do you?)
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2011?
None. Absolutely. None.
32. What kept you sane?
The dogs, ironically while driving me insane. And Spurs.
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
Politics in general.
34. Who did you miss?
Really? My parents, duh!
35. Who was the best new person you met?
A lovely lady named Tessa.
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
I can handle a lot of stress, but I don’t like it.
37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.